Northern Craft Construction holds true to a long-standing commitment to providing quality home remodeling, renovations, and restoration services. Our team often comes back for repeat projects as homeowners decide to remodel additional rooms or even expand on the size of their home. As your family grows, the issue arises of outgrowing the home you love. This can be a stressful time, however, there are solutions available rather than packing up your entire family and moving. A home addition may be just what you and your family need.
Most of the time, homeowners will choose to renovate their current property over moving because it can be an easier, more cost-effective process that results in a long-term ROI. Additionally, many families have a desire to stay in the home they love, remain in their current neighborhood, or may want to stay close to families and friends. It can be quite simple to add an addition to a house and your local contractor can help with all of the details, both big and small.
Here are a few home addition ideas for homeowners when deciding whether or not to expand the size of their current home:
- Homeowners with large backyards may have the option to utilize all of that extra space by building an outdoor/indoor living space. This option not only adds space but also does not require as much work as building an entire addition. Depending on the specifics of the space, it could be used for many months throughout the year.
- Adding a second floor is a good idea for homeowners who do not have space in the yard to expand the house in any other direction. A second-floor often creates more than enough new space for a growing family. The new rooms have endless possibilities and can be used as bedrooms, a playroom or office.
- If a homeowner has quite a bit of land, then they might be able to build a guesthouse or pool house for extra space. These two areas could free up guest space in the main house for their growing family.
- Matching the material that was originally used to build the house can be a challenge, so there may be times when a homeowner will want to use something different for an addition. There are no steadfast rules on what can be used, and your local contractor will be able to assist as to what will not only work but look great with the rest of the house.
- While it may be nice to expand the entire side or back of the house, this is not always possible. There may be a septic system in the way or other obstacles. If this is the case, then a one-room expansion may still be able to be done. An experienced contractor can make this addition look like it has always been there.
Choose a team that has the experience and knowledge necessary to do the project right the first time and on budget. DIY projects tend to result in unexpected outcomes, costs and code issues. Northern Craft Construction has the experience and attention–to–detail to deliver your project on time and with the planned results that you expect.