New hardwood floors can drastically change the aesthetic appeal of an entire room. However, installing new hardwood floors can be a difficult project for those who are not experienced. You will want to make sure you hire a reliable contractor who has worked with installing hardwood floors in the past. Here’s how to hire a qualified contractor. If your contractor is qualified he or she will:
- Provide a detailed quote – Your contractor should provide a detailed quote that not only provides the installation outline but also information about your flooring and timeline for the project.
- Acclimate Harwood – Before your contractor lays the out the wood, give it time to acclimate to the temperature and humidity of the room.
- Prepare for the subfloor – A properly prepared subfloor will be clean, level, and dry to ensure it’s structural integrity.
- Organize plank layout – Your contractor should not start nailing the planks of wood to the floor from the get-go Instead, your contractor should plot out where to lay the planks to avoid any issues during the process.
- Receive positive reviews – You can trust a contractor with positive reviews from previous clients.
Make sure to prepare questions for your contractor so that you feel comfortable with them and can find out whether they are qualified for your project. Northern Craft Construction has over 26 years of experience, so you can rest assured that you are in capable hands.